01-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #153
freshnezzz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I just had both replaced yesterday, my first engine related breakdown @ 11400 miles

I went in for an oil change last week and they said i had a coolant leak and they could have in next week. here it is next week and they change it and i'm good to go. i leave and 3 hours later over heat light pops up and limits me to 60MPH (i was going 80) then red. i pulled over and it looked like coolant exploded everwhere. hours after tow to my indyshop who did the pump they said, relieved that it wasn't caused by them directly, for some reason my pump just stopped working. job was $1000 with labor, they gave me $100 off.

i was kinda mad i had to pay at all but i read here it fails commonly and the shop is good people and they have saved me alot of money in the past and even at full price would be cheaper than most paid in this thread. I just really wish it had warned me sooner with overtemp. had this been in the summer i could have blown head gasket.

just glad to have my car back. they loaner they gave me was 99 545i. nice but felt like i was driving history.