Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I'd be concerned about the effect the top and bottom fans have on proper cooling and air flow. I work extensively in the world of data centers. The servers, storage, networking, etc all have fans which pull air from one side and expels it out the opposite side. I've never seen fans on all four sides of any the equipment I have worked with. Even the densely packed equipment.
The case sits on our desk and has feet to create ventilation space.

Top and bottom fans are exhaust. Intake fans (front and rear) bring in cool air from the outside and cool the memory and MB components. The still, relatively, cool air is exhausted over the radiators to cool the video card and CPU. Also keep in mind that the PSU and drives are in a seperate sealed off section of the case behind the MB. This setup also helps create positive pressure and keeps the inside of the case pretty dust free.

The CPU and video card generate the most heat so if coolers were set to intake then the hottest air in the equation would be circulated IN the case and then exhausted. I thought of it the same as a car intake system (intake, intercooler, turbo, exhaust ).

That was our logic anyway.

I'd really like to get a new MB with black/white accents now....

Last edited by Anthony235; 08-14-2017 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0