View Single Post
      03-29-2019, 02:26 AM   #103
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
Just thought I'd add this as we've covered the crankcase breather filter sorting oil consumption issues. There was a PUMA article explaining everything and while searching for it I came across this chap who explains it to a T even for our engine and the fact ours comes with no separation filter was just nuts, it was interesting to read how the added pressure causes the intake manifold to leak from the swirl flaps which then knackers the glow plug controller which is exactly what happened to mine! I was at BMW today wanting to buy the loo roll but I didn't know the part number and it is of course not listed for our engines so I'll have to sort that out for Friday when I go pick some more stuff up

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/r6-d...-t4381335.html
just read that,,so the old style breather nousing still fits the new shape type one on the 335d and 330d lci ?,,that what i understand,,but naturally you have to get the number 15 parts to go inside the number 11 breather housing,,ive read a big write u of someone trying to do this but made his own filtervetc,,just wondering why he didnt interchange the breather housings like in this
Appreciate 0