View Single Post
      08-16-2018, 12:39 AM   #75
Makeuwunder
First Lieutenant
Alderney
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

I just love reading post like this and yes I read through all of them and why this thread was reborn who knows. Everyone has there favorites and will trash talk others just for the sake of arguing. I have read through many of the most on this forum and have read stories of all the vendor turbos having failures at one time or another. I have also read many success stories from most of the vendors on here too. People fail to realize that when we buy bigger and better we tend to push them harder and harder and yes your going to get failure, just like anything else in the world if you push something past its limit something is going to give.

For instance the newest n54 turbo builder Frankenturbo, I have seen these fail on a friends car and another friend not have a problem at all. both pushing the turbos as hard as they can. My personal experience I first bought RB turbos 5 years ago and experienced rattle but they ran flawlessly, when I sent them back to Rob he gave me a great deal on an upgrade to super evo's, that was a little over a year. I just sent them back to him because I blew a front turbo but not once did I blame him because shit happens and we throw a bunch of boost at them and think they will last for ever. Sorry that doesn't happen.

When I blew the turbo I wasn't even getting on it but something went through the blade from the number 2 cylinder. Yeah I can sit and blame him all day and say his shit sucks ass but I won't because I have no complaint on how he handles things and again is rebuilding them for me at a reasonable price. So before you go pointing fingers and passing the blame onto the vendors be sure your shit is cleaned up first.

Sorry for the rant I am just sick of hearing people complain about every little turbo failure without knowing why it failed in the first place. And yes some do fail straight out of the box as I pointed out about my friends car but frankenturbo rectified the situation and sent him another set, great job frankenturbo. Your out of your mind if you think all vendors should just throw new parts without finding the root cause.

Last edited by Makeuwunder; 08-17-2018 at 12:50 AM..
Appreciate 0