Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Thanks for the replies.

Viktimize,
I don't have Sirius, but mounted the GPS antenna under the plastic cover where the centre channel speaker would go if I had one. It's mounted in the middle of the panel, so it doesn't block any air flow from defogger.

The installer didn't receive the steering wheel adaptor, despite ordering it, so I need to go back for him to finish that part of the job.

I did not keep my stock HU, or relocate it. Just removed it altogether. Guessing newer harnesses allow for that? I think he used a Metra harness, not sure.

Main reason to find a new ignition wire is because I often arrive at my destination and while on the phone. I don't want to keep my engine running just to maintain connection to my speakerphone. Turning off the engine at that point results in the whole deck shutting off. Restarting the HU then takes a bit of time.

Bmw325i,
I'll look into the subs mentioned, but unfortunately don't have the ski pass in my car. No folding seats or any access to the trunk.
I want to use amps I already have, and was happy with the punch amp in my old car powering a 15" sub. I think it will do fine for a 12" here. In the future when I add a third amp, I still have 3 more amps at home ready to deploy from systems in my previous cars.

Loving the HU, so nice to have all the functionality available with such ease.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0