05-31-2015, 12:00 PM   #21
only1harry
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikh335xi View Post
Sorry Fellas, Been busy.

I ordered directly from strongflex, the ones that Julian posted. I had to cut them in half to install them, and got the stock bushings pressed out by a local shop. They're noticeably harder than stock, and they're not quiet either. You will get a popping noise when they flex around a bit. I feel the road a bit more but its amazing how tight the car feels under braking, no more loose feeling or random pulling under braking.

However soon after installing these bushings my trans started slipping so I haven't been able to do any WOT pulls to see if it fixed the wheel hop.
Yup, the first thing you feel is the improvement in breaking and compliance (the car will stay straight under hard braking) because the arms are not moving hardly at all, and when they don't move they keep everythng tight and less strain on your brakes and other suspension componenets too. I only speak from having had many poly bushings in my other cars over the last 15 years. You should not be getting a popping noise though. I 've never had that. "noise" from poly bushings yes, but popping? Not sure about that one.. Did you try to contact the manufacturer to see if it's normal?

Harry