View Single Post
      11-10-2015, 05:47 PM   #11
Tom Droze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i (e92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soursamo View Post
The problem with gauges, and I used to have that 3 gauge with Stack's in my center console, is they do no use down there; you don't look at them when driving.
You have a 328 so you don't need to worry about the super high oil temps like 335i drivers, no boost gauge. So you want to monitor water temp and voltage?
Actually, depending on the year of his 328i, he could have an oil temperature gauge, mine has one. With respect to your comment about oil temperature, this is not necessarily true; during my last two track days with 90 degree ambient temperature my oil temperature approached 300 degrees during the latter part of each session. I was also monitoring my coolant temperature with a Bluetooth ap using my cell phone as a analog temperature gauge, and my coolant temperature never exceeded 220 degrees and mostly it stayed between 216 and 218 degrees. I had the cell phone in a cradle mounted on the left center AC vent.
2012 Jet Black 328i Coupe / ESS Tuning Gen. 2 Supercharger / Evolution Racewerks Oil Cooler / BMS Oil Catch Can / BMW Performance Exhaust with Dinan Y Pipe / Eibach Pro Kit Springs / Koni FSD Shocks / MFactory LSD & Differential Bushings / Performance Rear Trailing Arms / BMW Performance Strut Brace / Stop Tech Slotted Rotors / Hawk HPS 5.0 / SS Brake Lines / Brass Guide Pins / M3 Front Control Arms, 28 MM FSB, Engine Cowl, and DCT Paddle Shifters / Michelin PSS / APEX ARC-8
Appreciate 0