nick46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 lci 330d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans_e91 View Post
Hey all,

I have an E91 320d which I use as my daily. I've only had it a few weeks but I'm wanting to look in to some mild performance mods. In my mind I've got the idea for a remap, down-pipe de-cat, EGR delete, and a new intercooler.

Doing the above, what do you guys reckon I'd be looking at for total gains and rough cost?

Cheers,
TG
As has been said, dont bother removing the dpf and egr as theres no need. Just spend £400-£500 on a proper remap from someone like BWchiptune. The egr can be programmed to stay closed all the time thus eliminating the need to remove / blank it while not effecting dpf regens. The car will be put on the dyno checked and run up to give you the stock figures. Then it'll be ECU out and a bespoke map written on to it before going back on the dyno and run up again. If any tweaks need to be made then then they will be until the tuner is 100% happy with the results. Then get your final print out, be amazed by the improvements and then go and enjoy!
By far and away you'll get the biggest bang for your buck by getting it remapped and you'll easily see upwards of 200bhp.
Appreciate 0