View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 09:18 AM   #1
KnighTT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 - 2011 E92 335is

KnighTT e92 madness - Build thread.

Time for a new build thread! I should have learned my lesson with my last N54 135i, but here we go again.

So, after scoring the entire east coast looking for a 335is, I struck out. I had my eye on 3 at the same dealership down in Tampa for around $16k. The salesmen were the first red flag, pulling out all the old BS lines. I wanted to strike a deal before I drove from Atlanta all the way down there. Turns out, they bought these things at full retail and then tired to upsell them at $20k thinking they were rare enough to make a profit on. Well, after 6mo, they still sat there. In any case, my bank decided it didn't want to finance them at only 2 years at over 50% down, so I passed.

As I had been literally staying up until 1am for two weeks scoring every Facebook and Craigslist ad for the right car, I stumbled upon a 2010 335i 6spd. Now I had been looking for a 6spd but the 335is game is super rare with a manual so I had come to settle with the DCT. Having the chance to get a 6spd 335xi peaked my interest. Especially with the dark grey I had been looking for.

Catch....163k miles. It was in town though, so I at least had to go look, immediately, and had cash.

Truth is, it was a bit dirty but turned out to be in better condition than I thought. Missing a piece of aluminum trim in the door, airbag light, TPMS light, brake light, belt light, but no CEL. Plugged in my OBD scanner and took it on a long test drive. No CEL and no one had reset the ECU for over 5k miles.

Ran good. Idled far better than expected. Gears all good and clutch felt new. Engine showed signs of the OFHG leak but nothing else.

Picked it up for $6,500.

Took it home, and after a thorough cleaning, I was pretty shocked at the condition it was actually in.

Interior is in 9/10 condition. Outside of a split seam in the top back seat from the sun. The exterior though has less wear and tear than our my Odyssey with only 50k on it. The paint is in excellent condition and only has a couple tiny sized dings that can be removed with PDR. One rock ship in the paint on the hood.

Anyway, on with the stuff I need to fix.

Last edited by KnighTT; 07-09-2019 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00