View Single Post
      07-17-2019, 08:54 AM   #33
KnighTT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 - 2011 E92 335is

Well, the catless downpipes from ARM come in today. So, that's enough for me to get back under the car and get started again. I'll at least get the cats off tonight so I can really inspect the turbos and all the oil and coolant lines. Praying I don't find any leaks. Although, I do have like a half dozen extra oil line gaskets laying around from my 135i when I had to redo a bunch of the turbo gaskets.

I also found evidence that the turbos have been removed at some point. Two of the manifold nuts were missing as part of the stud was broken off. There is enough left to get a vice grip around it and pull the stud out, someday. One of the manifold nuts is only halfway on.

So, either the turbos have been replaced at some point or some major work was done. I am pretty sure I heard some waste gate rattle before I tore this all apart. In the long run, I don't have any exhaust leaks so I am going to tighten it all down and leave it. What I will do is set this up to be replaced when I move to larger turbos and upgrade the inlets. Then I'll pull all the studs and replace all the hardware.

Found myself just sitting in it last night. Patiently waiting to get it back on the road. The real kick is, it's going to feel like a completely different car as I had only driven it for a week. With the new CVs, diff oil change, new intercooler, fixed the severely clogged intake inlets, new intake, new charge pipe, and the catless downpipes it will feel so much different. Especially with the CDV out and the MUCH shorter shift knob. Once we remedy the other issues, and I feel confident she is purring the way she should, we'll drop the MHD stage 2+ and see how it really feels.

Then this poor girl needs a tint job and some real wheels. It has zero tint and I live in GA. That black leather....too hot.

Plus, I honestly think the aftermarket 17's that are on here have the wrong tire size. They physically don't fill the fender wells like a normal stock 335i tire.
Appreciate 1