View Single Post
      02-25-2023, 11:13 AM   #86
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolix-2 View Post
My experience has been that tan sports are very hard to find, yes. I found a pair but they ended up being in such poor condition I gave them away. When I tried to clean them the top surface of the leather started pealing, the foam was so flat it was no longer a sport seat, and the movement mechanisms were broken. It was very disappointing considering the time/money invested to get them.

Of course, right after taking delivery of this wagon with a black interior another option showed up for sprot seats. I'm waying in how much I want to gamble to try again. Haha, I don't want to swap the dash, so.... might gamble again.

The gray/black combo is interesting. A lot of the M3 seats I've looked at are gray and I don't love it, but if I want M3 seats, it's that or black, unless I want red; which I really strongly do not want. So far all options to collect an m3 interior have failed, but I've not given up yet.

Ideal ultimate spec is probably the same as you have with the brown seats. That will probably be even harder to find than tan sport seats! I've found plenty of sedans with it, but that doesn't get me a rear seat to match.

----

Yes, the wheels do look like the CSL wheels. The CSL is arguably one of the best looking e9x wheels, but then I'm running 19's. I would love to be running 17's myself. This is a throw back nostalgia project to my e36/e46 days where all my cars had 17's, but I can't find a 17" wheel I like. Stock e9x 17's are disappointingly heavy and not really the prettiest things either...

Style or function is always the debate.

Which 16" wheel are you running out of curiosity? I 100% am going to put the 16's on my car for nostalgic feels. It's here so why not? I know I can't keep it once I swap in the 135 brakes, but I've not had time to do that yet.
Yea, I thought tan would be easy to find. Add sport and heat options and the chase is on! Another member here and I searched for tan seats for his e91. Looked for about a year until he found some that weren’t $1k+ and in good condition.

The gray/black combo was done back when I was parting these out. Many e90s were bought because I wanted something from them for my personal car, HA.
It was an e90 with black interior, non sport. I swapped the black carpet, every dash trim I could, misc bits around the interior, removed the gray door panel inserts and glued them back onto my my gray door panels. For as many exterior pics I have oft cars, I have almost no interior pictures.. I’ll try to find some, but it looks similar to the photo posted below, with the exception of the dash, I didn’t want to swap it back then, so I left it gray.

The color combo was ok, but I didn’t love it.
A few years later, I found a car with terra brown at a pick your part. This was when LKQ had rewards points and random weekend discounts. I took the entire interior, front heated sport seats+rear folding seats, logic 7 door panels, rear sunshade. 60% off total price and it was only $110.
That’s what I have now, I’ll only change interior color if I find a complete red set.
It’d have to be from a wrecked auction car though, not paying $2k on eBay.

The terra brown stayed in the car with a gray dash for about a year. Eventually I swapped the dash out for a black dash. Swapping the dash isn’t the worst. I’ll post a photo later of how many screws had to come out.

Finding parts for the e91 that sit behind the front seats can be a challenge. I have my eye on an e91 that has something my m sport could use ..

I think the CSL wheels are my favorite. Aftermarket price starting at $1k though, I can wait a bit until I find some.

For the daily e91, the 16” does what I want it to do. For the other cars, I’ll take style and give up a little bit of comfort, though its not that much.
Those wheels you posted are the same ones I have.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0