View Single Post
      12-31-2018, 02:05 PM   #2
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Do you DIY? Don't want to scare you away, they're great cars, but they come with their share of issues that can be both costly and frustrating and your car history appears as it was a frugal one...nothing wrong with that. Of course, this forum is full of all of the negatives, but that's because not many come here to tell everyone how great and reliable their car has been. Just be aware of it, and put some cash aside for when things do go foul and plan on doing a good bit of maintenance.

As an example, I've now owned my 2010 E92 335i for exactly one year. Bought it with 49k, it now has about 55k. In that one year and roughly 6k miles, my charge pipe blew up and at least one of my boost solenoids failed. The charge pipe was replaced with an aftermarket aluminum part, and this is known to fail and should be considered a preventative maintenance item and replaced even before it fails so you don't end up getting stranded. The boost solenoids, I replaced both for peace of mind when one failed. I've also replaced all of the vacuum lines with silicone, and have about $2k in maintenance parts sitting waiting to be installed...this includes plugs, coils, seals, gaskets, tie rods, walnut blast...

Last edited by Emilime75; 12-31-2018 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0