View Single Post
      01-13-2019, 06:00 PM   #7
CptGudentite
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Slightly not stock

I learned a good amount by making this easy mistake...

I have a way way better understanding of the electrical system in this car. Also got some practice physically testing relays by applying power to the switched circuit and verifying continuity between the other poles etc. Im better at reading diagrams and understand CAN bus more.

AND YOU CAN BET YOUR ASS NEXT TIME IM GONNA CHECK GROUND (ALLLLLLL OF THEM!)

One thing that I always think of in these situations and has proven to work well is... go back to the last place you messed with things at... chances are high its in that area and not something new that just went bad in another area randomly for no reason. I just got hung up on some easy $#@!... but all that said I AM SOOOO GLAD IT WASNT CAN BUS RELATED!!!

Now my issues are just the normal first start power steering leaks, vanos exhaust mechanical code etc.

Also I went to do a new JB4 BEF and remembered that last time a dealership programmed keys they locked this damn DME. I am getting an RSA Defeat situation where I cant erase the data to flash over it with MHD.

Soooo right now I am going to focus on getting her buttoned up and do some research on how to get the MSD81 I have working.

If anyone can shed specifics on how to program this MSD81 to the current CAS module and key for the car that would be awesome. I have ISTA-P and played with it for a while last night before I passed out. Looks like I can do it... just didnt want to try right now.

I also have the matching CAS module that came with the MSD81... and its all from an 07 335i auto, sedan almost identical to my car... only difference is it had Comfort Access and mine does not. I know theres a way I can just swap the CAS and MSD81 in, then disable Comfort Access and program my key(s) to it.

Thats probably for another thread though in the coding section, backed up by a lot of reading
Appreciate 0