View Single Post
      04-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #18
ajaysthinkin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 335i n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke4U View Post
You da man! Thank you for this setup. Ordered the cheapest Padholdr Social which was $20 on Amazon and got this installed. BTW the Padholdr said it was for a 7" tablet but i have a NuVision 7.85" tablet and there was room to spare so I'd say it could handle an 8" tablet and if you removed the side squeezing pieces (just unscrew it) it could probably work with a 9" tablet (if that even exists).

Used a large rubber patch for inflatables I had laying around and cut it to size to fit inside the hook that slides onto the wood trim to protect it. Mounted it closer to the driver's side so one side rests against the rounded part of the dash to stabilize everything.

Picked up the OTG right angle connector for $7 and an on/off switch OBDII cable so it doesn't drain my battery when not in use.

Added a 3.5mm stereo Y splitter cable and 6' right angle 3.5mm cable to allow two audio sources (my iPhone via the BMW audio cable and the tablet's audio) for when I want to put a movie on for the kids.

Also ran a 6' left angle micro usb cable to the center console where it plus into an Aukey 4.8A charger to keep the tablet powered up when I'm not using the D+CAN cable for MHD.

Great job!
thats nice you made it better lol
Appreciate 0