12-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #28
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
Hmm, what meth/water ratio? I'm at 75/25 for track and almost 100% meth for street. My thought process for this is to run a bit less boost and more ignition advance as opposed to more water (a little bit more cooling) and less timing.

Another thing that makes a large difference is the design of the track; more straights vs. twisties. For example, the two popular tracks around me are BIR (4 long straights, one of them being 1.1 miles long, the two 1/4 mile long, etc. and Road America also has many very long straights; and there is absolutely no area for the engine to cool on these tracks.

RA is known for being extremely hard on engines...and BIR as well. No question that that is attributing to the higher heat I'm experiencing. In any case, 265 or even 275 is not concerning; but anything above that is a bit uncomfortable.
I ran a 75/25 meth/water ratio, just like I do on the street. Big Willow is a fast track, but not as long/fast BIR or RA; however, with the meth, the air intake temps are staying cooler when you are actually flooring the car in full boost with the meth flowing 100%.

I'm sure you have done logs and seen other's logs and it's clear that IAT's drop from the beginning of the run, before meth is flowing, to the end where meth is flowing 100%. Obviously the logs are only for a few seconds and I've never seen a 20 minute log to see whether the meth flow can sustain the low IAT's for such a long duration; however, I remember Shiv commented on a thread a while back that it would help to cool oil temps in track use. So maybe he was spot on in this regard?

Since you have a Procede, why don't you contact him and get his opinion, and then track your car on both your 12psi map and also at max boost/power and let us know if there was a difference in temps
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0