View Single Post
      05-11-2011, 05:32 AM   #1
sd23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i x-drive M-sport EBII

Overheating transmission warning light followed by check engine soon.

Hi I need some help. Was driving on the highway yesterday, Got the red transmission light. followed by engine check soon. After restarting the car I was able to move it to the side of the road. To cool off, placing it in drive soon after gave me no power, followed by the red warning overheating light. I had the car towed to my home as it has no warranty.
In the past week I had been experiencing a slam (uneven gear shifts) and I felt I had a transmission leak somewhere. I have seen oil on my drive way, but since I had a spill in my engine I thought it was the engine oil. Not knowing bmw transmission fluid wasn't red in color. After feeling the slams I took it to an indy shop which told me it's the suspension. The same day after changing the suspension I got this error. Totally not the suspension.

So I need tips on what to do. car features 6speed steptronic. I was planning on changing out the transmission pan filter gasket and those o rings that I hear alot of people complain about leaking. I think I will need to order some tran fluid but need the PN if anyone knows please assist.

Also any ideas on places to check before I go about performing the repairs to ensure I am doing the right thing. Car has 94k miles.

TIA

Last edited by sd23; 05-11-2011 at 05:40 AM..
Appreciate 0