11-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #2659
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof3ssor View Post
Are you serious? Think what through? This is my first and last BMW also. Have you read anything on this topic? Your first sentence says it all by stating the car is "neutered." Maybe you are comfortable with purchasing a 50k car and having BMW change the characteristics and then continually lie to you that it is running the same as when you first bought it. Sorry to everyone else for going OT but I just can not stand idiotic posts like these.
+ 1,000,000. What a noob.

RBBMW, to address your question about more "lag" or hesitation in the rain...well, not to be too obvious about this, but, it's probably just the tires slipping a bit and the car cutting power. My car does this in the rain all the time and MANY times the traction light does not blink. You really have to get a few revolutions of slip on a tire to light that light. Trust me that the system is braking and pulling power often in the rain, despite no light showing.
On a related side note, now that I have my boost gauge, it's funny to see that if I do a stupid full throttle launch in the rain, and the traction control goes apeshit, my max boost is quite low. Just neat to see the car thinking and trying to manage the loss of traction.
Appreciate 0