dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC4J View Post
Not sure about BMW Battersea. Had my car serviced (1st - £207) there last week, and more particularly wanted two issues dealt with. One was a vibration (or 'tingling' as Mr Clarkson would say) coming through the footwell and which I felt was driveline related, the other an interminable rattle from the centre dash that my local dealer failed utterly to sort. To their credit, Battersea did keep the car a couple of days to try to get to the root of the first problem. In the end they decided it was caused by the front types (PS2) having 'unusual' tread wear, ergo change them. As they have 6mm of tread left this does not appeal to me, especially not at £297 a pop! As the vibration occurs at lower revs, when accelerating modestly, I remain unconvinced of their prognosis. You can feel it at idle also, which is a time when the tyres are remarkably inactive! As for the second issue, the dash rattle returned with a vengeance less than 24 hours later. Draw your own conclusions.

Based on what many others have written here, it seems the dealer network as a whole is pretty piss poor. Not just BMW, but generally. My experience with Merc & Honda is not dissimilar. With car sales down the pan I expect things won't get better, as the service depts will be under extreme pressure to increase their financial contribution to the dealership. Good luck.
How many miles on your car now mate?

I have same thing, had it ages. AT low revs pulling out of my driveway usually.

I think its the car just getting on abit in all honestly.

I found BMW battersea really good.