malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: em-funf

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
Firstly, LSD + M3 Arms + coilovers + M3 subframe bushings = about $5k. I'll go ahead and throw in a really big oil cooler since you'll need it to go tracking; $6k.
wavetrac installed (got quotes i can email you if you'd like) is $3k+
installed and corner balanced good C/O are $3k+
subframe bushings+M3 arms is labor intensive job $2.5k+

minium $8.5k there. more like $9-10k if you don't live in poverty states where indy shops rates are still $50/hour.

Quote:
Lets go ahead and make our 335i faster than an M3 in a straight line as well; VRSF downpipes and FMIC, $800, procede/dci/flex fuel (for E85) $2k.
Lets!

software $700
installed FMIC and DP=$3k
forgot O2 simulators
raditor+labor=$1k

$5k

So for $15k we have a 450rwhp 335i on E85 that still DOES NOT have the brakes, steering ratio, seats, all the bushings, and missing all the structural rigidity supports of M3. wow, what a deal! I just spent $15k making my 335i less reliable and costing more than equivalent year/mileage m3, which will still be superior on the track and still cost more during resale.

Quote:
Obviously E46's are cheaper. Why not get an earlier year C5 corvette in that case, better in every way than an E46 and even cheaper; much more potential too.. Why not get a.... pretty soon we should just link this thread to autotrader.com .
Did you just say C5 is better in every way than E46 M3? I have no further comments. At all.
Appreciate 0