View Single Post
      04-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #574
Dirty Tool
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Tool View Post
Just a quick update on my situation - got an alloy supplied and fitted free of charge through BMW goodwill. Initially I was quoted £106 for a run out test but throughout the entire process I was never asked for the money. I was expecting to pay the money upfront before they did the test (went through the same thing with my E46 Subframe repair, they wanted the cost of labour which I was then refunded). Maybe they just say about the £106 to put people off?

Had to wait 2 days for a reply from BMW regarding the goodwill but all in all a happy bunny!
Another Update - went to pick up the car and I was presented with a bill for £106 for the run out test. I told him that I was told if it was a manufacturing defect then I wouldn't have to pay.

After 5 mins of light hearted arguing he went to see his manager...came back and agreed I wouldn't have to pay for the run out test but then presented me with another bill for £45 to re-fit and balance the tyre! In the end I paid it but its pathetic how they have to squeeze something out of you just because BMW cant do proper R&D on their alloy wheels.
Appreciate 0