02-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2011 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrk View Post
Well it’s just that the head units in our cars do other things than play music. By removing it you are asking for a lot of problems. I’m not saying it can’t be done, but it’s not done by the majority of people that own these cars, and for a reason

I'm sure that if it could be achieved without f**ing everything up, there would be more empirical evidence of people accomplishing such tasks

It’s a German car; you can’t mod the fck out of it without consequence. So if you want to be in the shop every other day... no scratch that, hour, then go ahead and throw that pioneer in. I’m sure it would be bad ass!
I’m pretty clear on the capability of the OEM Radio...hence the reason I’m relocating it to the trunk to retain all the functions such as updating software, chimes as well other various functions...in my previous e46 i had a pioneer double din that i never had an issue with so I’m pretty i won’t be in a shop every day...with the correct harness everything is plug and play aka reversible...