View Single Post
      06-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

New Old Experience

So, if some of you remember, I've probably have the highest mileage E90 here on E90 Post (I'll hit 220K next week). The past year and a half or so I started driving a new route to work that is more dual-lane highway (2-lanes each direction) vs. my old route, which one section isa fantastic 2-lane back country road (17 miles in total) that if connected end-to-end in a circle would put most road courses to shame. I drove that old route every work day for about 4 1/2 years to and from work (160 mile round trip). The old road in a E90 Sport-package car is just a stupendous drive with constant curves and elevation changes, but even for me it got a bit too taxing after 10 hour work days. I started with the new route 18 months ago to ease up on the hammering I gave the old girl on the 'ring, with the hopes of gaining a few more MPGs (which I haven't) and a bit of a more relaxed drive (for me).

Well, yesterday I found myself in need to take my old route because the (new) normal route was way LOADED with traffic due to a concert. As I was taking the "old road" it really brought back how nice of a car the E90 chassis is. It was like I was experiencing the old route for the first time, but remembering how fun it was to drive it again. I was able to match my "well-practiced" lap time...

Thought I'd share. If you drive an E9X, keep it and enjoy it; it will serve you well.
Appreciate 0