View Single Post
      02-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #22
nick 55
Late Braking
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe, C55, E55, hmm..

Garage List
My 110 in a 55 looked impressive to me because a mile before that, I was doing 145. That was 3 years ago, Dupage County, on 355 Southbound at the 88 exit ramp. When I got mine, the ticket carried the same weight as a DUI. Now they are stiffer on penalties, all around. I got lucky, I lawyered up, went before the judge. He asked what I was driving, I told him, and he thanked me for not doing it in a Camaro or Mustang. I said "I'm sorry, I was stupid", and he told my lawyer he would see him on the golf course that weekend. Either way, the OP needs to retain a lawyer, because they are out of their area. Whiteside County only has 58000 residents as of the 2010 census. The median household income is $40300. Trust me, the courts will see this as a good way to generate good revenue and make an example from a "city-slicker" if she doesn't have a "friend in the courts".

To the posters who have mentioned she should lose her license, or the like....you know damn well everyone has done it at least once. We don't buy performance cars to go 55-65. It was the wrong place, wrong time, and she just happened to get caught. Was she breaking the law, yes. Was she paying attention to the road and traffic, most likely or there would have been other tickets also. At least she wasn't drunk, observed racing in and out of traffic, or caused an accident. Don't pass judgment on someone for doing something you are guilty of also.

Nick