06-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #142
.Lindsay.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 vert, B5 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddemon73 View Post
I was thinking of going but after hearing about five-0 ticketing you for no front plate and the comment above, I am probably not going to go.
Your odds getting a hole in one are greater than the odds of you getting a no front plate ticket in Leavenworth. You have a much better chance gettin a ticket driving around here without a front plate vs getting a ticket in Leavenworth. The population in Leavenworth is less than 2,000 people (as of 2010), so their police force is a tiny fraction of any police force we have on this side of the mountain. So I wouldn't let that be your reasoning for not wanting to go.

There will be over 1,000 cars on this drive, so your odds are 1:1,XXX.. Im sure you'll be fine taking your chances. This will be my 8th year going, and I've never had a front plate on my car for this drive, and have also never gotten a ticket. This includes the early years when it was just a couple hundred cars, making the odds much greater.

With that said, can't wait! This is the best event of the year, and it gets better and better (and bigger and bigger) every year.
Appreciate 0