05-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #149
Monty's Si
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320 Si Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty's Si View Post
Just when I thought my si was sorted, finished work on Monday and pulling out onto main road engine malfunction amber light came on together with engine revs topping out at 2000rpm, a few hundred yards further had ETC and Abs lights on. Was recovered to home then BMW transported car to my dealership next morning. Most of the morning spent waiting for a loan car (no complaints a Merc E class). 3 days later and I have it back with new engine wiring harness together with December's original hesitation problem around the 2000 to 2500rpm band.
If it wasn't for not having to reprogramme my phone into the car I would think they had also refitted my original ecu and version 26 software as its not reving as freely.
Garage says there is nothing else to change in the fault tree (except engine) so watch this space - mileage 31,000mls

I think I still like si but its getting harder to convince myself.

Paul

320si

with new
throttle Pot
ECU
Carbon cam cover
Plugs
engine wiring loom
????
Well chaps, after 10 months and 20,000 miles tried to part ex si against a new 120d M sport coupe and was offered not a lot by BMW. Took it to a Porsche dealership (who probably didn't know about 320si foibles) and was offered £1500 more against a used Boxster S. So two weeks ago I bade farwell to KY56HUH, a terrific car about 95% sorted in the engine running department. I really wanted to stick with BMW but on this occasion it wasn't to be, so a summer of softtop motoring 0-60 in 5.5 and same 31 mpg (that si 6th gear was really too short). Who ever buys HUH will find a slightly different exhaust trim and sound as I swapped the BMW oval for a twin tube Porsche 997s item.

Enjoy your si's a terrific beemer.

Cheers

Paul
Appreciate 0