View Single Post
      09-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
bwco
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA66400 View Post
Sorry, you are completely wrong in giving this advice, if the OEM is St Gobain/Sekurit. That is the OE glass for the E90. Albertans go through a windshield every other year. I have used both the St Gobain and BMW OE glass and the two are identical, expcet that the BMW glass has the BMW logo beside the (otherwise excatly the same) St Gobain script at the lower left corner of the glass. BTW windshield relacement with OE in Calgary (including rain sensor) is $1200+GST for my E90. You are getting a good deal - just be sure that they use the correct urethane adhesive, which requires the vehicle to be not driven for at least 12 hours, in order to proerly cure. The fast curing adhesive is not recommended by BMW and has a higher risk of leaks and wind noise because of glass misalignment and/or settling. It is also recommended to use new rubber gaskets (I think you cannot reuse the old ones because of the urethane that sticks to them). HTH.
Copied directly off internet. But you realize the difference between OE and OEM right? My experience was a PPG OEM replacement on a E46 M3 Cab and it doesn't meet my expectation. And your talking about Sekruit vs OE BMW.

OE (Original Equipment or Genuine BMW)
These are the parts that you get EXACTLY as if you are walking up to an authorized dealership and buying a part at the parts counter. (Example: Oxygen Sensor BMW Part # 11 78 1 735 499). These parts usually come in BMW marked packaging.

OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
OEM parts are parts that come from the same factory that makes your Original BMW parts, but they are boxed in their respective brands. (Example: Oxygen Sensor BOSCH Part #13231, which cross references to: BMW Part # 11 78 1 735 499). These parts are sold directly from the manufacturer to the suppliers or retailers and not through the BMW Dealer network, and usually means savings for the end consumer while still having the same OEM standards that the vehicle manufacturer specified.
Appreciate 0