View Single Post
      06-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #39
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Short answer: No. No. No. No. No.

Long answer: Simonize? You can wash/wax it yourself, with better products. You still need to seal/wax the car to protect the paint. Absolutely no layer of protection lasts forever (or more than 6 months, for that matter). That's clearly dealer bullcrap. For the extended service/maintenance, I'd wait until your 4 year/50k mile normal warranty is up before deciding on these. Depending on what you're doing with the car after the initial warranty expires, you can decide whether to go for it or not.

The only one off that list that I'd even briefly consider is the wheel/tire insurance. If I remember correctly, it's roughly +$10/mo, which isn't bad. The RFTs (and rims, for that matter) are expensive. Just be sure you understand what you're getting and when you're covered - I don't think they'll go replacing tires for you due to mileage or anything. I still passed on this when getting my E90.

Some may have different opinions, but I don't believe that stuff is worth it at all. Just a way of the dealer getting a extra couple of hundred bucks out of you.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0