fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
Allegedly adds around 10HP at WOT. Sounds cool and looks cool if anything
Well the first thing you should always get for any car is a tune. Without the tune... no matter what performance changes you make... it will almost never give you the full benefit of the upgrade and more then likely will hurt performance.

A CAI (Cold Air Intake/Cone/hi flow drop in filter) won't really give you much benefit just with that change alone unless your stock filter was hella dirty! If it was just badly dirty and we toss in a new one... you will just be getting back all your lost power.

I don't think i can even feel 10hp, like some people say changing out my stock exhaust will give me 10-20hp, to be honest... spending $2k-$3k is not a good ROI on $-to-hp. But the JB4+Cone+USB cable will give a huge bump for only $600! Plus open the doors to future mods with no additional costs to upgrade the tune to match it.

The added benefit is you can also get lots of diagnostic features in the JB4 + you can use the USB cable for uploading new firmware to the JB4 OR data logging to your laptop from the JB4 for tuning/trouble shooting. It's such a BARGAIN!!!
Appreciate 0