05-10-2016, 10:15 PM   #3
WhiteBeard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNS View Post
If they just drain the radiator then you'll get out about half, maybe a little more. If they disconnect one of the hoses from the water pump or thermostat then they'll get nearly all of it out (takes a bit more time).

They're lazy or they don't know what they're doing. It is very easy to do the N52 engine coolant drain, one of the easiest, quickest and least messy of any car I've done.

You could try it yourself, not difficult at all. Or, if you plan on doing it again in two years then just do the radiator drain. You won't get all of it out but you'll get enough fresh coolant for the next two years.

Oh, and you could probably bet that a lot of places, dealers included, drain the radiator only and the customer never knows the difference.
Thanks! It's funny but I'm coming to Arizona, Phoenix from July for 4 years for work. Do you think coolant flush is a must, considering Arizona heat? I have only 37K miles, but it's not miles i worry - it's age - my e90 is 2007, it was just standing most of time.
Appreciate 0