View Single Post
      08-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #10
jclariel
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMARS View Post
So I just installed an HKS Exhaust along with a Hotchkis X-Brace and I'm a little disappointed with the way it sounds...
I had AA Catless DPs on before with the stock exhaust and I really liked the way it sounded. But I came across a great deal on the HKS and it seemed to be the only thing the car didnt have(bedsides a single turbo kit ) so I was like what the heck lets do it! So I got it and put it on.
I have to say fitment was PERFECT! And the Titanium Tips compliment my car really well but... as soon as I started driving it I immediately started hearing drone!
If I put the windows down it obviously gets better but I rarely do that, I live in South Florida, 90% humidity year round
Maybe I need to drive it a little and it'll sound better but I'm really not too excited about it :-/
I'll keep you guys posted if it gets any better... I might look into High-flow cats, we'll see i guess.

Meanwhile here is a pic I took with my phone of the finished install

Hey bud, certainly i disagree with it. HKS is so far the only after market exhaust for 335 e92 that doesn't drone AT ALL. i.e. there is no bassy sound which could create resonating in the cabin. You can hear the exhaust coming outside of the car def so quite when windows up similar to the stock exhaust. I just get mine installed last Friday and I can't love it more. I tried borla, akrapovic and eisenmann on my 335 and HKS is the only one that doesn't bother me. It is girl-friend proofed as she doesn't even notice that I have it on comparing to the stock exhaust.
Appreciate 0