View Single Post
      08-14-2016, 02:04 PM   #44
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
After having spent 2k on mine last month, thus far this month my 335i is running fine & has cost me nothing in parts or repairs

I do find its getting harder justifing to myself spending money on something that's constantly decreasing in value though. I suspect that if I was to add up all the receipts for money's spent over my 4 years of ownership it would be many thousands of pounds. I just don't want to upset myself by adding them all up

There's always something that needs or could do with being sorted. Mine could do with a wheel refurb, the drivers door needs repairing the missus over estimated her ability to get through a gap & a couple of weeks later the same door was hit by a shopping trolley & that was a couple of years ago! The bonnets covered in stone chips & needs a repaint & I would like to fit a charge pipe & some bovs.

Unfortunately I enjoy driving & when you do happen to come upon a nice bit of road & are able to have a bit of a special drive, the feeling my 335i gives me & the smile it puts upon my face is the reason I put up with it. I do find myself thinking more often nowadays that it must be nice to be one of those people that are indifferent to cars & happily drive around in something dull & cheap to run & have no interest in performance
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle

Last edited by Chappers 71; 08-15-2016 at 06:09 AM..
Appreciate 0