09-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #11
Penyfan1960
Trooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D M-Sport Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
I've driven vans with comfy seats and supercars/luxury cars with seats that kill me!

I used to get backache too but 99% of it was from sitting at a desk all day with a bad seat and poor positioning. It's long gone now. Only twinges now are from surfing - the paddling makes you arch your back so the ache is actually healthy.

Just not sure if a lumbar support will suit everyone - depends very much on your shape.

PS: Managed 38 pull ups (very strict form or they don't count) last week. Aiming to crack 40 this week... Oh and have you tried Chinese press ups - very evil. Do them as part of the twice weekly routine...!
Hi!
Pull-ups/chin ups is a strange exercise. So simple yet so difficult. When I was in the Army it was the most failed and a lot of lads back squadded.
At our local gym (David Lloyd) the pull-up frame, is I would say the least used machine.
Yes, people swing their legs from it quite often, but reasonably rare for pull-ups/chin ups.
The max I have ever seen is 16 pull-ups.
There are lots of beefy muscle guys in the gym that can move the weights, but if they move the weights they can’t do the pull-ups /chin ups. Their power to weight ratio is all wrong.
I can actually do 22 pull ups.(I was being modest before) although the last two at times can be a bit dodgy. But just before, I can bench press with 28 kg dumbbells x12 reps and 20kg x 12 bench flys. In our gym, I am surprised to say, I have seen no one equal this. (But since my back prob only 26 kg. and 14kg).
I have always considered myself fit and I am some what stunned having this back situation, which I hope is now gone away. The back prob made it very painful to walk and impossible to drive (the worst part).
For the present I am avoiding all exercises which put a bending moment or leverage on my back.
Thanks for the interest but what are Chinese press-ups? Would it include the clap hands in the press-up?
PS I have been advised that previous mention has been made on the internet regarding lack of lumbar support in the 320i, causing back ache. I am trying to find it!
Cheers!
Appreciate 0