06-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #18
Kramzz335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
I have had the Dinan Stage Ii tune from the beginning. It is very much worth the money. I find it ironic that guys who spend the money it takes to buy a BMW go cheap on something as important as a tune.

Stop making this a tuner value debate as this is not the situation. Dinan is the only tuner willing to out their money where their mouth is. Why do none of the other tuners offer any kind of warranty? The reasons are self evident. Dinan is more conservative than other tunes in terms of its horsepower but not its torque.

If you don't mind burning out your engine, or needing to prematurely replace turbos and others key parts of your powertrain by all means go get a more cost effective, high boost tune. But isn't that what an M3 is for?

Active Autowerkes makes a great tune fir the N55 as well. It is cheaper than Dinan but allot more than the piggyback. But has no warranty. Cobb will come out with one in the similar price range I am sure.

After reading everyones response, i feel that your the only person on the same page as me. I don't want to buy some cheap plug and play tune without a warranty. Its too easy for something to go wrong internally, eventually costing thousands. I really appreciate your opinion on this. And as you said, why go cheap if your buying a $50,000+ car??? I'm not afraid to spend a little extra money. Also, i'm not concerned about HP, i'm more of a torque guy anyways. Again, thanks for being a logical person.

2011 Le Mans Blue 335i M-Sport Oyster
Appreciate 0