View Single Post
      10-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #15
Thumperx
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I coupe

I can chime in regarding the Koni Yellow/ OEM sport springs combo. Eckoj, your at a perfect time to update and improve your car's ride. On my car, the ride (on SF local roads) is more than comfortable and excellent control due to the ability to adjust the shock and struts absorbing rates.

The FSD model are very good, but are not adjustable which may be fine for your needs. But having driven my buddy's car (Jimmy or Jwong77), they offer very good comfort and automatically adjust themselves according the the road's frequency undulations. If you want to install and drive (do nothing else) approach, then FSD may be fine. If you want more personal control, then you should consider the color Yellow.

My last bit of info about my thoughts about my set-up. Since I wanted use my car at the track (Infineon raceway), I can firm up the shocks when I get to the track. One thing I will say about my set-up (ie: OEM sport springs) limitation compared to a full coil over spring set-up is dynamic transfer of weight shifts at the track. I help control this by positioning the sway bar's setting (UUC) to the stiffest setting. It's a compromised suspension set-up that allows me the daily driving performance I want and the comfort levels for my wife. Motto: happy wife, happy life.
Name: Blanca | 07 E92 | AW-Blk | ZSP | Alcon BBK | M3 Bits | VM RR Links | Koni | UUC Sways | V5 | Dinan CAI | ETS IC | Fge DV | ER CP | Cyba | Raden. Exh | Mod Step | Trunk Drawer | Perf LED Wheel | Illum Dr Sills | IS Shifter | Parrot | Philps D1S | 6000k fog | MTECH RR | CSL Trunk | Aero | Roof Spoiler | PSS on BBS RS-GT 19s

Last edited by Thumperx; 10-07-2012 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0