Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 / F31 / E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redEYEjedi View Post
Is this really possible? I checked realoem and if you compare the driveshafts between a rwd e91 and a rwd e90, they are different.

Also, just for fun I checked e91 rwd and xi and the driveshafts have different mounting to the transmission.
The E90 330i had a different driveshaft design than later E90s (it had front and rear guibo joints for example), but the length is the same between E90 and E91.

However, the point of my post was that I'd sell them two fully functional very good condition cars, the E90 330i ZSP 6MT and the E91 RWD auto, for less than the prices people are paying for an E91 6MT.
Ah yes sorry I was digressing, though I did understand your point, since I am legitimately interested in the swap process. We did not have any issues for my N54 + 6MT swap into my e91 since the entire motor + trans etc were swapped over, but if I wanted to do it again and keep the N52, the info you provided would be useful.

On another side note... do you still have your E3? I remember saving photos of your car from another forum if it's the same one in your profile photo. It was an inspiration for me when I used to have my '76 Bavaria many years ago.