View Single Post
      06-22-2014, 05:49 PM   #290
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevers314 View Post
I am injecting pre-IAT (off topic, anyone know how to disconnect that sensor?). Both the 60cc and 225cc nozzles are right above where the metal part of the pipe begins.

I triggered it somehow just by chance. Was driving through cincinnatti on I71 when I noticed torque was showing 0% EGR commanded. Interesting note is that torque also showed a steady ~84 degree IAT which did not move much at all when i pushed the car. I even quit torque and reopened it to see those two gauges stay the same way.
Just a note... Torque's Intake temps are not from the Intake Air Temp sensor on the charge pipe. I verified this by disconnecting the sensor... The Bavarian Technic tool reads the IAT at the charge pipe sensor, but the Torque OBD app appears to get its info from the MAF sensor post air filter.

Also, to disconnect the sensor, it was a matter of finding the "tab" and pressing it firmly, and wiggling. It was a bit difficult, but I've done it many times over the last few years. Having strong fingers/thumb will help greatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevers314 View Post
Currently I am progressing from 10-19psi with the 225 nozzle kicking in at 20. Zero quench. Quite sure i will be stepping the big nozzle up to 375cc but I cannot decide yet if i want to purchase a 100cc nozzle to replace the 60, or try using a 175 in its place. I like being able to inject at slightly moderate loads and would probably have to raise the activation point.

If i can figure out a way of switching the system on based on RPM I'll do that too because I think the swirl flaps are causing some beading at low RPM which results in quench.