View Single Post
      04-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #293
Tiago
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335D88 View Post
guys i need help...i just got AEM kit and really i think to send it back because i don't know how to setup....from the trunk to bring the wires in the car and the hoses to the engine....if someone can help me i will be grateful...
It is a universal kit so you have to think a bit to install it. Some tips:

1. If possible, install the pump lower than the tank with a filter in between to protect the pump and avoid clogged nozzles.

2. Run the lines away from heat sources. On my car it goes on the same brackets than fuel line from the trunk to engine bay. There is several rubber caps at the trunk that allows the access to the exterior. Just drill a smaller hole than the fuel line in the rubber cap to garantee the sealing. After running all the line through, i even put a bit of silicone on the intersection with the rubber cap for better sealing.

3. On the engine, tap the nozzle right away at the exit of the intercooler (driver side). This way it garantee better fuel optimization till cylinder chamber and allows the temp sensor after the intercooler to read the lower temps due to wmi and adjust ecu parameters for it.

All this can be read on AEM instructions and any mechanic guy with medium skills will be able to do the job quite easy.

Last edited by Tiago; 04-10-2015 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0