View Single Post
      01-04-2019, 12:13 AM   #3
tronsr71
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

@Emilime75 Indeed, i am going from one extreme of reliability (and frugality, lol) to another.

I've had my eye on the e92 for at least 8 years now and am head over heels for its lines. I'm also enticed by the the n54, and the smooth powerband it delivers.

The primary reason I've waited this long, was to get my personal finances in order prior to purchasing a brand notorious for their higher than average maintenance costs. Everything I have heard from friends that own, has made me weary of the heightened costs. I'm also concerned with how I'll be getting around when (not if) my future 335is will be in the shop. This is why I'm hanging on to my civic as a backup car.

When I was a teenager, i did my share of oil changes, water pump replacements, alternator replacements, etc. Nowadays though, I entrust my repairs to a local shop that I can look in the eye and not have an shred of doubt with their craft and integrity. Don't get me wrong, if push comes to shove and I can save an armload by taking on a job myself, I'm plenty confident to research what i need to and take it on.
Appreciate 0