View Single Post
      05-22-2007, 03:07 AM   #6
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 g05

Garage List
That sounds like a good price - I'm sure my dealer wanted something like a hundred quid a month to cover it!

Get an insurance policy that covers you with a new car (privelege seem to, as do sainsburys) and make sure you call them and list the extras (privelege advised me on the phone that they don't cover extras unless you call them and detail them!)

That covers you for the first year. After that to me it seems like you are buying something for nothing. You lose a 2 year old car and you get the value of a 2 year old car back - where's the gap? Why would you expect a brand new car back when the car you crashed/had stolen was 2 years old?!

OK so some will say that the insurance company won't even give you the value of a 2 year old car... well, maybe - is that people's experience here? If so it is like any insurance, how likely do you think it is to happen to you and is the value of the 300 quid or whatever worth more to you than the risk you run by not having it? I didn't take it.
Appreciate 0