G-man328i
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 328i Auto

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Hi everybody.

Please let me share my experience here with my case and this Wally Everstart Battery Maxx H8 ($119 w/ 3y warranty + 2y Prorated). I just replaced the battery on my 2011 E90 328i with the same battery as the OP.

I got the car from the local BMW stealership about 3 months ago with very low mileage (about 33K), the previous owner didn't use the car at all I guess and I became the second owner. I spoke to their main mechanic before purchasing and he told me everything was great on it, however, I noticed the start being a bit sluggish.

Previous symptoms were sluggish cold starts and some times slow until one morning it didn't start at all, pushed the start button and the dashboard lights would flicker and clicking noises can be heard. Measured the terminals and got around 8V.

Did some reading and troubleshooting thanks to this amazing forum, I found that the battery was a white BMW battery 720CCA 90AH that was probably there since the car was built.

After replacing the battery, the car started right away, maybe a bit slow but that may be just me being a little paranoid, I also noticed all the lights being brighter.

I still need to register the battery and probably change the AH, I'm waiting for my KDCAN cable to see what battery profile is loaded and then register it. As of now, this baby starts and runs like a dream with this battery.

I'm also planning to do an electric parasitic test just to make sure everything is ok and check the ground cables in the engine bay.

I want to thank everybody in this amazing forum for you inputs and sharing your experiences.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0