aaronblack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_460cs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by schriss View Post
Techincally NOX is not requirement for lean, but my understanding is that MSD software requires it. According to Bimmerprofs: "if engine control unit memory contains error messages, which refers to NOx catalytic converter and/or NOx sensor, most advanced modes – Stratified charge and Homogeneous lean – won't be available. The engine will run in alternative (emergency) operation mode: Homogeneous injection."
and "In no way, the N43/N53 series engine can work without NOx system."

And this is what they say about NOX map-out: https://bimmerprofs.com/disprogramming-nox-system/
Quote:
Originally Posted by schriss View Post
Techincally NOX is not requirement for lean, but my understanding is that MSD software requires it. According to Bimmerprofs: "if engine control unit memory contains error messages, which refers to NOx catalytic converter and/or NOx sensor, most advanced modes – Stratified charge and Homogeneous lean – won't be available. The engine will run in alternative (emergency) operation mode: Homogeneous injection."
and "In no way, the N43/N53 series engine can work without NOx system."

And this is what they say about NOX map-out: https://bimmerprofs.com/disprogramming-nox-system/

Bimmerproffs are totally incorrect on that point a nox delete absolutely will run stratified and homo lean.. however they are not in the business of advocating that method.

That's how my car is at right now and for the last 2 years..

Someone commented that they can run 10% more economical than fully operational factory car again I'd like to see that proved as the only way that an improved off 10% could be made is if you remove the nox cat .. again something easily achievable with a nox delete or noxem.

In simplistic terms if you have a 325i than a remap is best if you have a 330i then either option would give a similar result. In all case physically removing the nox cat is going to get more economy and performance as it reduces back pressure on the exhaust system. Certainly allot more beneficial than aftermarket performance exhaust back boxes.
Did your remapper explain how their map works I.e how it runs stratified without the ecu/sensor etc? Is a loop system?

Also what is your take on bimmerprofs stating not to remap N series as it will damage the engine etc? Maptech will decat, map-out and remap for an additional 15/20bhp on the 330i for a very reasonable price!
Appreciate 1
Tr1ppy36.50