06-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #57
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprooney View Post
In wikipedia anyone can write whatever he wants, the award was won by the N55 since it was introduce, most common people don't even understand the difference between N54 and N55 maybe that's why in wikipedia it's listed as a won for the N54. The S65 is one year newer than the N54, and sorry if we disagree but the S65 is clearly a better engine than the N54 (it's been said in almost every magazine article that the S65 is one of the best, if not the best engine ever made by BMW) here im not taking about M3 vs 1M or N54 cars, im just talking about the engines.
I don't follow what you want to say with all this.

Can you show me a better source so that we can all see when N55 engine won this Award? It is obviously number 5 among 6 candidates in this year and it was the N54 last year too but if I remember wrong and all these sources are misleading then where is the true source?

In the meantime this is what was awarded and what was told last year (2011), quoted from the car advice web site which itself quotes the Panel member which awarded in 2011:

Taking the 2.5- to 3.0-litre award was BMW’s 3.0-litre direct-injection twin-turbo petrol straight-six engine. The engine will power the upcoming BMW 1 Series M Coupe. It’s also a derivative of the current BMW 135i, BMW 335i, BMW 535i, and xDrive35i model engines. This will be the fifth year running for the engine, although it has been revised over the years. It produces 225kW and 400Nm in standard trim. Panelist Padraic Deane said,

“Amazing torque levels with super flat distribution. Add to that the masterful use of turbos and high precision injection and you’ve got a superb engineering product.”

Last edited by ozinaldo; 06-13-2012 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 0