10-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #6
racermp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissubaru View Post
Sounds like a bad alternator to me if changing your ground points didn't make any difference. You could probably mess with the wires back there and make sure they're all connected & tight & don't look discolored or anything. Check the Power Distribution Box on top of the battery for signs of damage too like melting or discoloration.

How many miles on the car?

Also what are the codes you're throwing? If it's saying anything about the IBS then you might just need to replace the negative battery cable (IBS)
so when the voltage drops to under 12v, i get the codes in the attachment. but when the voltage stays up around 13.9, i don't have these BSD line codes. oil sensor and everything works, no overheating, nothing.

the only code i constantly get is the 387f - power managment standby violation. thats been there on an off since i bought the car.

on attachment is 14v that i usually see. then the second screenshot is 12v, when it does drop. and the only way i can get it to come back up is to restart the car. maybe this points to the regulator? i haven't seen anything higher than 14s on the mhd app.

oh car has 83k mi

I just changed the battery and looked.at the power box, looks ok, wasn't melted or anything. power at the cables looks ok. such an odd voltage drop that only a restart fixes.it.

Last edited by racermp; 05-18-2018 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0