ddinse
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex sol View Post
coolant level is good
intercooler connection good with new seal (though i doubt how well they seal period and prefer traditional reinforced silicone hose and clamps)
weird noises - a nice turbo spool and no weird /sharp noises
no play on the turbo shaft by feel - realize this is not totally reliable though feels tight
scr - needs to be removed... likely full of soot
egr cooler long disconnected with lines blocked off a year ago
valve cover gasket possible and will replace - reasonably easy job... even easier with engine out - doh!!
bad cover gasket would leak oil more than pull in liquid that churns out white smoke no??

after a few starts and a couple short runs around the block... major vibration coming from transmission area... ( perhaps underfilled the tranny fluid? ) i have white smoke on start up after about 15-25 seconds of cranking. seems the D needs some time to build up pressure on first start up of the day... once warmed up or started it will start right away...

will do some diagnostics... possible faulty injector(s)... ?
I am having some major white smoke issues. Was hoping it was the VCG. But replacement didn't fix it. 66K miles on my motor. Looking at testing injectors next. Hope it isn't a turbo or valve seals. Curious if you solved your issue.
Appreciate 0