View Single Post
      08-18-2012, 12:38 AM   #7
ibo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 BSM 335xi e90 LCI M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
But you also pulled the foam out from in front of the tweeters, yes? The stock tweeters would have louder hiss now as well, wouldn't they?
I didn't pull out any foam in front of the tweeters. Was I suppose to? I just removed the backing foam, removed the stock tweeter, installed the new tweeter, and then replaced the backing foam.

Quote:
Did you say on the phone that one side was louder than the other? If you swap the RCA, does it move?
Nope, I didn't say that one side was louder than the other. I just mentioned that without rear speakers for fill, I find myself panning the audio a little to the right side to balance the perception of left and right volume when sitting in the driver's seat (left side speakers are closer to the driver, thus seem louder). If I moved my head to in between the driver and the passenger seat, I wouldn't have to pan the audio.

Quote:
I'm worried that it's the HU too. Have not run into this before...
I really hope it isn't, but if it is indeed the front head unit wouldn't the new tweeters hiss with the OEM amp as well?
COBB Stage 2+ | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | ER FMIC & CP | Tial Q | Injen CAI | VRSF DP | BMS OCC | KW V3 | M3 Rear SFB / Sway Bar / Susp Bits / Strut Brace | Megan Racing Toe Arms | HPA Swaybar Endlinks | Apex EC-7 | Michelin PSS | MH 75mm Stud Conv | OEM Perf Grills and Diffuser | Exotics Tuning Front Lip | LUX H8 | Luminics Krypton JDM Yellow | LLumar 35%

Last edited by ibo; 08-18-2012 at 12:50 AM..
Appreciate 0