11-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #16
chrisE92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh750jd View Post
So I have a 2008 e90 328, I have recently found a 335i exhaust manifold and turbos. I have a few small mods currently and have some good power from my n/a engine. But there are a few people who have been releasing turbo upgrades, new tunes/ maps for the turbo e90. My question is how hard would it be to put the turbo manifold that I have found with ether upgraded turbos or new higher capacity stock turbos? Im positive that I will have to get the ecu from the 335, and will get it reflashed to get more hp, but what other problems would I run into? The room has to be adequate since they are basically the same car, but the 335 has different style intake, compression, exhaust? Or could I simply install the turbos, plumb them and get a stock 335 ecu and make some improved power? Any help or comments would be useful. I initially wanted either a v10 or turbo m3 motor swap (the hpf turbo motor makes up to 650 rwhp) but have realized that my motor makes great power and have ran against a few 335's and they didnt have shit! Ive also ran with an evo to 140 then that old governor kicked in but I had him! I figure with a modded straight 6 with race gas and meth could easily get around 500-600hp and want to find the best solution to get here.
oh really now