EliteAutoImports
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi Sport/Nav/Prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanInToronto View Post
Oops! Sorry....this is the listing for 27k USD:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

well, I'm not telling them that I immigrated to Canada and then bought a used BMW --- I will show them my old US driver's license if so be to prove I am American and had the car BEFORE immigrating here Hey....anything to save a buck, right?

On a little more serious note: If i buy a used car, with 30k miles and 1yr of warranty left on it, I'm best off saving as much money on the purchase because the factory warranty is only good for a little while. That's not worth arguing with BMW Canada wankers (can always go to Buffalo for that 1yr). The extended warranty: well, they have to honor that here anyways because I'm going to be paying someone else for that anyways, right?
The car looks like it is great shape. If you could negotiate them to $27K you would be in good shape. If I were a betting man, I would bet that you will not be able to pick this up for $27K, and furthermore, the dealer will have other charges/fees that need to be included as part of the deal.

That being said you would be responsible for when importing it: (assuming complete parity)

6.1% Duty $1647
Excise Tax $100

$28,747 + HST
+RIV Fee of $195

If you try the "show license" trick to the dealer, they will most likely call your bluff when the search the VIN. Also, I would consider keeping your plans to yourself as this is a public forum.

On the note about the warranty, I would try to confirm the warranty status with them. No CPO or Extended Warranty will survive the export to Canada. You could buy an extended warranty here, but it would have to be 3rd party as BMW does not offer BMW extended coverage in Canada for this year of vehicle to my knowledge.

If there were some 328xi Coupes in the CDN Auction Pipeline, I could take a stab at getting you what you are looking for, but right now there are only 2011, 2010, and 2008 328xi sedans that would be worth looking at.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0