01-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #1730
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by causeceleb View Post
Hi

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I searched but couldn't find an answer.

I have Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss and a Gilmour FoamMaster. Could you tell me the ratio of CWG to use for

1. maintenance washes
2. stripping LSP

when used with the FoamMaster?

Also at what setting should the gun be at when using the ratio's recommended?

Thanks in advance
There is a good article about the Foamaster and Citrus Wash and Clear in our AAP Blog. I know you have the Citrus Wash and Gloss but it has the same exact concentration so the dilution ratios are the same.

.5 oz per gallon will not strip protection
2 oz per gallon of water will strip protection

If you put it on Setting E you'll get the richest concentration of whatever you put in the reservoir. To not strip the protection I believe you would use about .5 ounces of CWC and 11.5 ounces of water. With so little shampoo being used I fear you may not get enough lubricity for safe washing, but you're welcome to try. I personally don't recommend this shampoo for maintenance washes with the foam gun for this reason. For stripping shampoos the minimum shampoo you would use on Setting E I believe is 2 ounces of shampoo and 10 ounces of water. I personally use a bit more to shampoo to be certain it's strong enough to strip old protection. I hope I got my ratios right and I hope this was helpful!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0