bos
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325er
I'm sitting here reading all THREE pages of posts, and I have to say that every post makes sense. You all have good points but I have to wonder, why does this topic touch such a nerve? It seems that everyone here is a little too sensitive about BMW and HP. This includes those of you that have posted those "sensible" remarks about how "it doesn't matter". If you are so secure why are you even posting anything? Why does one guy who got passed by a Mazda in conditions NONE OF US are privy to make a post, and it sets off three pages of jib jab?

Just Wondering
Eh, well, BMW prides itself on building sporty automobiles. They're doing great in handling, but why so far behind in engine performance? First nissan, then acura and toyota build higher-hp machines. Why did it take until the e90 (later) to be competitive power-wise with the altima and G35 and TL? And why still lagging behind? Shouldn't BMW have been the first to cross 250hp and now 300hp in a production small sedan? And not in a limited-production "M" model.

BMW still has the most balanced package, but HP is their primary weakness today. HP, though, is one of the areas where you would NOT expect a weakness to be.
Appreciate 0