View Single Post
      12-05-2019, 12:13 PM   #13
ZGator
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi, E36/7 Z3 2.3

I first tried the techron, and took it for a spin after reset of SES, it ran rough, but ran, and no SES until I restarted it again.

Then I put in a new fuel injector in Cylinder 5 but misfire still remains.

I did check that the coil connector - orange does show 12v when ignition is on, and brown wire is connected to ground - continuity test - I have not tested the white/blue wire - I assume that is grounded at a frequency to complete the circuit - probably really need a scope on that? you are saying if I turn car over and test continuity - I should see it? I wonder if switching on/off won't trigger continuity?

Anyway I am really at a loss at the root cause - guess I should test compression next - note this started before I did any work - started the car one day and it died, then I started it again and had misfire - to recap, replacing/changing coil, spark plug, and fuel injector, ESS sensor and VCG did not change a thing.

I will check codes again later..

I am banging my head trying to figure what it could be? Misidentified misfire cylinder number? DME? Valve issue? Wish I looked it over better when I had the VCG off, oh well, live and learn.
Appreciate 0